Start Your Summer With These 5 Affordable Summer Vacations
With longer days and beautiful warm weather all across the globe, summer is easily one of the best times to travel. However, if you're on a budget, planning your family's summer vacation can prove to be stressful. The good news is, there are so many places that offer great deals for summer travel. For this reason, we've compiled a list of 5 affordable vacation spots for your summer vacation:
1. Grand Canyon: Located in northern Arizona, the Grand Canyon is definitely an affordable vacation spot for you and your family. It is a national park covering 1,904 miles that is the perfect place for nature lovers. Staying on the South rim of the canyon will provide you with the most services and activities provided by the park. One of the great things about the Grand Canyon is that you can choose to stay on the campsite rather than a hotel, saving you a ton of money. In fact, you can reserve a campsite for $10 a night and $40 a night for groups.
2. Las Vegas, Nevada: Named "Sin City", Las Vegas is one of the most inexpensive places to travel for the summer. From casinos, to magic shows, and an amazing night life, Las Vegas will definitely give you an experience of a lifetime. In fact, Las Vegas is very diverse in that they offer food, culture, and shops from all around the world, which is why this vacation spot is perfect for those who want to experience a bit of everything. One of the best things about Las Vegas is that you can easily find an affordable room as most hotels on the Las Vegas strip offers low rates, sometimes as low as $30 a night.
3. Fort Lauderdale, Florida: Sunny Florida is the perfect place to travel in the summer as the snowbirds often go back home, reducing Florida's overall population. A great advantage to Florida's population loss in the summer is that making dinner reservations are less of a hassle and beaches are less crowded, allowing you to better experience Florida. With that said, when traveling to Fort Lauderdale, you can expect a relatively inexpensive hotel rate compared to traveling in the winter. Additionally, Fort Lauderdale includes beautiful shores, great dining, and various activities, which will essentially give you a nice balance of relaxation and fun.
4. Williamsburg, Virginia: Williamsburg is the perfect summer vacation spot for those who want to immerse themselves in a bit of history. Willamsburg is known as a historic town with a lot of charm. As far as amenities go, this town offers tours of their many historic towns and mansions. In addition, Williamsburg has excellent amusement parks for children, along with great dining. It's also easy for you to snag a great hotel deal during your stay as Williamsburg is relatively inexpensive.
5. Albuquerque, New Mexico: Albuquerque is an old town that is steadily growing. For this reason, many people travel here in the summer. If you are looking for an authentic Hispanic experience, Albuquerque is the place to go. Albuquerque offers a variety of inexpensive things for you to do while you stay, such as taking a tour of Old Town, which is a 10-block city that pays homage to the city's Native American and Spanish Heritage. Albuquerque also has beautiful art galleries housed inside ancient adobe structures.
If you're planning on traveling this summer, there are definitely plenty of ways to have a good time and not break the bank while doing it. Many places offer inexpensive hotel rates, as well as, great amenities that cost little to no money. All it takes is the proper research and planning. If you're stuck on where to go this summer, be sure to check out our 5 affordable vacation spots for the summer.